April marks the official celebration of Mother Earth, and April 7th, specifically, marks the day we’ve all been waiting for – Everglades Day! Here’s how you can celebrate America’s Favorite Wetland this Earth Month!
1. McLaughlin’s Sip & Shop – On Saturday, April 7th, stop by any of the 24 J.McLaughlin Florida stores to participate in the Everglades Day Party For A Purpose extravaganza! This Saturday, between 12-3 pm, enjoy a refreshing glass of rose as you shop the new collection and add a few new staple items to your wardrobe. Fifteen percent of proceeds will benefit The Everglades Foundation. Learn more: www.jmclaughlin.com/evergladesfoundation.JMcLaughlin #1
2. Mac Stone Coloring Book – The Everglades Literacy Program is bringing the celebration to kids across the state with the launch of the exclusive Mac Stone coloring book! Mac, and his wife, Hannah Stone, worked closely with The Everglades Foundation staff to hand select his most iconic photos, which were then converted into a coloring book style. Kids across the state can now bring life to Stone’s iconic Everglades photos, allowing them to fall further in love with Florida’s natural landscape.
3. Aveda Salons – In celebration of Earth Month, Aveda Salons throughout South Florida have chosen to partner with The Everglades Foundation to not only help raise funds for our Everglades Restoration projects to protect our drinking water, but also to raise awareness among their community and affiliates. In celebration, the salons will host an “Aveda Walk,” which will generate funds to support The Everglades Foundation initiatives. Please find the schedule and ticket link below and join them to take part in this great event.
Ticket Link: https://bit.ly/2H3VRc2
Sunday, April 8, at 9:30 am
Aveda Institute South Florida
Aveda Institute South Florida
4186 South University Drive
Davie, FL 33328
Sunday, April 29, at 9:30 am
Gordon River Greenway
Oleta State Park
West Palm Beach:
7715 Forrest Hill
West Palm Beach, FL
4. Historic Society of Palm Beach County – Join us on Saturday, April 7th, at the Historical Society of Palm Beach County as it presents The Swamp: An Everglades Day Event, featuring exhibits and displays by Palm Beach County parks and organizations and an exclusive lecture series.
Lecture Passes are $50 and include all three lectures. VIP Experience tickets are $100 and include guaranteed seating for all lectures, one copy of The Swamp: The Everglades, Florida, and the Politics of Paradise, and admission to private book signing and reception following lectures. Learn more: www.hspbc.org/product/everglades-day-3/.
5. Ann Norton Sculpture Garden – ANSG will expand upon its inaugural event in partnership with five Palm Beach County non-profit institutions to provide a free of charge, community day forum for the dynamic intersection of art, science and the natural world. Educators from organizations with environmental missions explore their current plans and educational programs to enhance preservation and raise awareness of the South Florida environment.
Members and guests of each organization participate in a question and answer sessions. Following the panel discussion, guests can visit and learn more about the mission of each organization through interactive learning stations presented by educators throughout the garden. For more information, visit: ansg.org/earth-day/.