How to Apply
The application period for the 2019 John Marshall Everglades Internship Program is December 1, 2018, through February 1, 2019.
To apply, please submit the following as one PDF document:
- A detailed cover letter explaining how the John Marshall Everglades Internship will benefit your career
- A statement explaining the area of concentration you are interested in and why you are interested in it: Policy & Advocacy, Science & Engineering, Education, or Digital Communications
- A two-page essay answering the following question: “How do policy and science work together in conservation?”
- Unofficial copy of transcripts
In addition to submitting the above, you will need to have two letters of recommendation submitted on your behalf. Please use the below “Letters of Recommendation” portal to complete this portion of the application process.
If you have any questions about the internship program or the application process, please contact Dr. Kristie Wendelberger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to apply? Please upload your internship application below and submit. Note that the file attachment must be in PDF format and only one file will be accepted. To learn more about how to create a PDF, please click here; and to learn more about how to merge files to create one PDF document, please click here.
Letters of Recommendation
As part of your application, you will need to have two recommendation letters submitted on your behalf. Please follow the below instructions to complete this portion of your application.
- Click the “Create Recommendation Request” button to add a reference.
- Enter the reference’s full name, email address and a personal message, along with your email address that you are using for your internship application.
- Once the reference’s information is submitted, an email will be sent to the reference at the email address you provided with the following subject line: “Request for Recommendation Letter.”
- The email to the reference will provide them with a link to the recommendation letter portal where they can submit their letter of recommendation in PDF format.
- Once your reference has submitted their letter of recommendation, you will receive a notification that the letter of recommendation has been completed for that reference.
Please note that you are required to have two letters of recommendation as part of your internship application. Therefore, please be sure you create two recommendation requests in order for your application to be complete.