Research Program Coordinator
Chief Science Officer
Type of Job
April 25, 2023 at 4:00:00 PM
About the position
The Research Program Coordinator is a full-time position that will support and advance activities in science and economics and will interface with communications, education, and advocacy programs at The Everglades Foundation as needed. The Program Coordinator will assist in the day-to-day operations including managing the program’s internships, symposium, fellowships, scholars and scholarship efforts. The Research Program Coordinator will provide research support and assist in day-to-day operations to help foster the Science department’s creation and communication of new knowledge, to advance the restoration of America’s Everglades.
• Coordinate and manage annual ForEverglades Scholarship/Fellowship program including assisting with the application review, recruitment, and selection process.
• Develop and track research grants with academic partners and contracts with external consultants.
• Work with other EF programs and provide logistical support for the annual John Marshall Internship Program and Symposium.
• Assist in developing or supporting a visiting scholars program, academic research collaborations, and MOUs with academic research institutions.
• Oversee and manage the development of the annual Science Insider publication to include organizing, editing, and assisting with content creation.
• Support the development and curation of science and economic presentation decks.
• Review and edit science documents including manuscripts for publication, white papers, fact sheets, etc.
• Work closely with the Communications Department on the development of science communications products, including blogs, videos, web content, and infographics.
• Manage the calendars, schedule meetings and coordinate events for the Science Department.
• Manage registrations, travel/lodging for EF scientists and visiting scientists.
• Aid in development of monthly expense reports and annual budgets
The Program Coordinator reports directly to the Chief Science Officer and coordinates closely with members of the Science department, administrative staff, and other Foundation staff.
This job description accurately reflects the Research Program Coordinator position as currently configured. However, this job description is not meant to be an exhaustive list of all the duties an employee in this position may be expected to perform. Employees are expected to perform all other duties as may be assigned and/or directed.
This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks, or change existing ones, at any time, as the Foundation deems necessary.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The Everglades Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, and it is its policy to ensure equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals relating to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, demotion, compensation, retention, discipline, separation, and other employment practices. The Foundation affords equal protection against discrimination to job applicants as it does for Foundation employees.
The Foundation will also ensure that any qualified, disabled employee or applicant who can perform the essential functions of a job, with or without reasonable accommodation, will have an equal opportunity with respect to all employment practices specified above
How to Apply:
The ideal candidate will have:
• Master’s degree in an interdisciplinary environmental or natural sciences field, with experience in science communications, grant administration, or science education.
• Minimum 2 years of related experience
• Undergraduate coursework in natural and social science.
• Experience in project management.
• Strong writing skills and the ability to synthesize and present complex information to a general audience.
• Strong interest in environmental science, resilience and climate change.
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to process and manage confidential information with discretion.
• Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
• Ability to be flexible, multitask, and work well under pressure and time constraints.
• Ability to work well with and within diverse and multi-disciplinary teams.
• Detail-oriented and efficient with excellent time management and organizational skills.
$60,000 - $65,000 commensurate with experience.
Since 1993, The Everglades Foundation has been the leading champion for the restoration of America’s Everglades. The Everglades Foundation is a science-based advocacy organization. Our scientific research and economic studies are focused on advancing Everglades restoration, protecting the greater Everglades ecosystem and water quality, and building resilience against the impacts of climate change.
The Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit and a responsible employer that seeks to recruit and retain outstanding, high-performing professionals who are at the top of their fields to thrive in a dynamic, mission-driven culture committed to excellence, innovation, collaboration, and diversity.
The Program Coordinator is a new position at The Everglades Foundation and will be a critical component in supporting and expanding our research internally and externally with academic collaborators and independent contractors.
Palmetto Bay, Florida, USA